Indian Head Massage
Indian Head Massage is a form of massage beneficial for relieving stress and tension and is based on the Ayuvedic system of healing practised in India for over 1.000 years. Today Indian Head massage is no longer confirmed just to the head but has been westernised to treat other parts of the body vulnerable to stress such as the neck, upper arm and shoulders. Some of the many benefits of having an Indian Head Massage are as follows:
- Relieving muscular tension and fatigue and helps to relieve tension headaches.
- Slows down breathing and heart rate and is helpful for reducing blood pressure
- Helps to relieve mental fatigue and improve concentration and elevate mood
- Helps to promote sleep and stress reduction encouraging the body to rest and relax.
- Improves circulation to the skin and hair, nourishing the tissues and promoting hair growth
One of the many advantages of Indian Head is that the client remains clothed whist sitting in a chair and therefore a treatment can be given anywhere. A typical session is 30 to 40 minutes and as a one off treatment is always beneficial but a course of treatment is recommended for resolving any issues.