Swedish Massage or Therapeutic Massage
Swedish massage is a lighter treatment which works the soft tissues of the body, helping to relieve stress and tension. It can be both relaxing and energising.
Massage therapy has many proven benefits, including:
- Increases oxygen to the area being treated, improving blood circulation and tissue repair
- Helps to reduce blood pressure
- Improves lymphatic flow and the remove of toxins from the cells as the build up of waste products in the muscles can cause soreness.
- Stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system and releases serotonin and natural endorphins creating a natural high and feelings of wellbeing, whilst relieving pain.
- Lowers cortisol levels in the body. Cortisol is known as the “stress hormone” and a reduction helps to relieve stress, depression and anxiety.
Many of us lead increasingly busy lives and a massage can certainly help to ease day-to-day stresses by promoting feelings of calm, wellbeing and relaxation. Regular treatments can help with many health conditions and act as a preventative measure in keeping the body in balance and boosting the immune system. By dealing with minor injuries and strains can help stop them from becoming a chronic problem.
Caroline is professional and friendly. Very accommodating. Incredibly knowledgable, giving me advice how to look after my muscles. I will always be a repeat customer. ”
“Caroline may be petite in stature, but don’t be fooled! The massage she gave me was superb – sure, firm and very soothing. From the first touch I knew I was in good hands. Caroline was friendly, welcoming and reassuring and I left feeling relaxed, with my whole body at ease. Highly recommended.”